Reasons to Hire a San Francisco Personal Injury Attorney
You’re finally getting ahead (or so it seems) and then out of the blue, something unexpected happens and turns your life upside down, due to no fault of your own. All it takes is a car accident, dog bite, or wrong medical diagnosis to spin your life out of control. Personal injury lawyers help people who have experienced physical or emotional injury due to the fault of others, and fight to get them fair compensation.
Personal injuries are not standardized. They arise from a variety of situations, and the physical and emotional toll they take depends on the person who was injured. An effective personal injury attorney will:
- Evaluate the specific facts of your case.
- Identify the extent of the harm you’ve experienced. This may go beyond physical injuries to include loss of consortium or companionship, emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of earnings capacity.
- Identify the value of the harm caused, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Identify who is responsible. Usually this is obvious, but it can become complicated if it involves the failure of parts in a products liability case or medical malpractice case, or if a company denies liability and points the finger at someone else.
- Collect all evidence and documentation of the incident or circumstances.
- Negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement with insurance companies or other parties.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court if negotiations fail.
Need Legal Representation? Contact our San Francisco Accident Attorney
Hire an accident attorney whose goal is ensuring that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and loss. The Law Offices of Daniel Vega offers a team of skilled and compassionate personal injury attorneys who will work to achieve the best outcome possible for your case. To learn more about your rights and options, contact us online to schedule a free consultation, or give us a call at (415) 287-6200.