San Francisco Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been hit by a car while on your bicycle?
Commuting on a bike is a great way to get exercise and save on gas—but—unfortunately, it can also be very dangerous. If you’ve been hit by a car while riding your bicycle, contact the law offices of Daniel Vega immediately to get fair representation and just compensation for injuries, bicycle damage, and loss of work time.
Our experienced team specializes in personal injury accidents, and we have a successful track record of helping victims hit by cars while on their bicycles.
Do you really need an attorney for a bike injury? Absolutely. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Ensure you are receiving proper medical treatment for your injuries
- Seek compensation for your lost wages
- Communicate directly with the insurance companies
- Investigate your accident
- Obtain evidence including witness statements, photographs, and expert opinions
- Obtain and evaluate police and operator reports
- Review of all available sources of insurance
- Seek reimbursement for your medical bills
- Seek reimbursement for any other expense related to your accident
- Obtain and evaluate medical records
- Evaluate your injuries
- Analyze any long-term financial needs, future wage loss or medical care
- Negotiate your claim in order to achieve a successful result for you
What should you do after being involved in a bicycle accident?
Being hit by a car, bus or truck is frightening and stressful. If you’ve been hit by a car while on your bicycle, follow these steps—or have someone help you if you are seriously injured.
Call the Police
Call the police immediately. Legally, a driver must stop at the scene. Ask the driver not to move the car or bicycle, unless the bike or car’s position puts it in a dangerous position to traffic. The police will need to see how the car and bicycle were positioned when the accident occurred.
Get Medical Help Immediately
If you are injured, or there are other injured people at the scene, call 911 immediately. DO NOT attempt to treat or move anyone yourself, unless you have first aid training. Only move someone if they are in a dangerous location.
Make sure you get the information from the driver who hit you. Ask for their license, insurance, and address. When the police arrive, write down the police officer’s badge number and precinct so that your attorney can get the police report.
Make No Statement
Exchange information with the driver, but do not make any statements without your attorney present. Any information you state could be used against you in court, so make sure your attorney is present.
Attempt to get the name, address and phone number of any witness of the bike accident.
As soon as you’re able to get to a hospital, get medical treatment from an emergency room or doctor’s clinic. Make sure the doctor checks any potential injury from the accident, and report anything that hurts or is injured.
Call us right away. We’re here to help.
When you work with Daniel Vega, you will pay no upfront fees and will receive a free consultation. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly and receive just compensation after a bicycle accident. Contact the Law Offices of Daniel Vega today at (415) 287-6200.